fredag

"I do not propose to write an ode to dejection, but to brag as lustily as chanticleer in the morning, standing on his roost, if only to wake my neighbors up." - from the title page of Walden and "Where I Lived, & What I Lived for" Henry David Thoreau - 1854
"Thoreau pitched his Walden in this key; he claps his wings and gives forth a clear, saucy, cheery, triumphant note ... the book is certainly the most delicious piece of brag in literature ... It is a challenge and a triumph, and has a morning freshness and élan..." - John Burroughs

WALDEN & ON THE DUTY OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE
When I wrote the following pages, or rather the bulk of them, Ilived alone, in the woods, a mile from any neighbor, in a housewhich I had built myself, on the shore of Walden Pond, in Concord,Massachusetts, and earned my living by the labor of my hands only.I lived there two years and two months. At present I am a sojournerin civilized life again.......

læs bogen her eller få den læst op
http://publicliterature.org/books/walden/xaa.php

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar